Control Speed - Defensive Class (continued)
All drivers are required to obey posted maximum and minimum speed limits. These limits are designed to provide for the orderly flow of traffic under normal driving conditions. During periods of heavy traffic, inclement weather, low visibility, or other poor driving conditions, speed must be adjusted so that collisions will be avoided.
When your speed increases:
- Your vehicle requires more time and distance to stop.
- It is more difficult to avoid a hazard.
- It's harder to control your car.
- Costs for maintanace and fuel increase.
- Severity of a collision will most likely increase.
Speed Control Control Defensive Class