Rules of the Road
The ability to drive properly and safely requires you to know the rules of the road...and obey them. If you do not know the driving laws it can reduce your reaction time and reduce the amount of time others have to anticipate and react to your maneuvers. Ask yourself these questions while you are driving:
- How will you and others react on the road?
- What rules are you and other drivers supposed to follow?
If you are unable to answer these questions, it is likely you will not know how someone else will.
Remember these common driving errors can lead to serious traffic collisions.
- Failure to obey traffic laws.
- Failure to maintain your vehicle.
- Discourtesy to other drivers.
- Lack of driving knowledge.
- Bad judgment/poor decision making.
Knowledge of Driving Laws Knowledge Defensive Class