Tips for Pedestrians
- If you have a green light, the light may also green for them, so be especially careful when turning across crosswalks.
- Some crosswalks, especially in residential areas, are not marked.
- Always cross at intersections. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Pedestrians using guide dogs or white canes must be given the right-of-way at all times. These pedestrians are partially or totally blind.
- Look for traffic when stepping off a bus or from behind parked cars.
- When you are a passenger, get in or out of a car on the curb side of the street when possible.
- Make eye contact with drivers before you cross the street.