|Preparation and Planning
Before you head out onto the highway you should try to travel when traffic is light and weather is good. Always check or have your vehicle checked for roadworthiness. These include but are not limited to checking:
- Fluid Levels
- Tire Pressure and Wear (including spare tire)
- Suspicious Noises
- Visibility (windows, mirrors, wipers)
- Brakes (feel, pull to side, vibration, weakness)
- If you are headed to an unfamiliar destination, check the route by using a map, internet or a GPS device and plan your route before you go.
- Lights (headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals and driving lights).
Trip Planning and Road Navigation Planning Defensive Class